Marinated Grilled Eggplant
Summer time is officially hear and it is time to get that BBQ out! I love the BBQ because it makes cooking so easy because there are no pans to wash. Now, I realize not everyone likes eggplant, but just give it a try or just use a different vegetable.
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium eggplant
salt or pepper if desired
1. Preheat grill
2. Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic together
3. Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices
4. Marinate for 1 hour
5. Place on grill, grille each side for about 4 min or until lightly brown
Pair with a piece of grilled chicken and a sweet potato and there is your healthy dinner.
Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
- Balsamic contains powerful antioxidant called polyphenols which fight cell damage and boost our immune system.
- The antioxidant in balsamic have also the potential to protect against heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Balsamic can help boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin thus improving metabolism.